Installing and activating
IMPORTANT: Administrator access to your PC is required
Please note that administrator privileges are normally required to install and activate CityCAD correctly. If you are in any doubt, please contact your IT support team or network administrator.
If you do not have administrator access, CityCAD may appear to install correctly but you may experience later problems with licence activation.
Installing and activating CityCAD
To install CityCAD please follow these steps:
- Download the latest setup file from http://www.holisticcity.co.uk/downloads
- Run the 'CityCAD Setup' file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- CityCAD will install automatically.
- The first time you open CityCAD, the Product Activation window will appear. Enter your license key and click 'Activate'
- See Getting Started
- If you encounter any problems during install, please contact email@example.com
Notes for System AdministratorsCommand line installation and activation
You can run the setup file normally or via the command line. The command is:
"CityCAD 2.7.7 Setup.exe" -q LicenseKey=yourlicensekey ActivateOnInstall=True
Managed DirectX for .NET
- Add '-q' for quiet installation.
- Replace 'yourlicensekey' with your activation key e.g. 'p-3XXXXXXXq'). If you do not include this, then each user will need to enter their own license key in the activation window.
- Set 'ActivateOnInstall' to 'True' if you want the copy of CityCAD to be automatically activated when the program is installed. This is recommended as elevated privileges are required to activate and if you do not specify this then each user will have to activate the license by clicking the 'Activate' button. Note that CityCAD 2.7.7 or later is required to use 'ActivateOnInstall'.
As part of the install process, a check will be made to see if you have Managed DirectX for .NET (MDX). If this is missing the required libraries will be installed. Please note that MDX is not normally installed on PCs and even if you already have a recent version of DirectX installed, you may not have the exact files needed.
Please note that if you are installing CityCAD using an MSI file supplied by us, then Managed DirectX for .NET may need to be installed separately.
Minimum System Requirements
- 512Mb RAM (preferably 1Gb or more)
- DirectX 9.0 compatible graphics card with absolute minimum of 32Mb of graphics memory (improved performance will be noticed with larger amounts of graphics memory)
- CityCAD also requires Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework and Managed DirectX for .NET. If needed, these will be installed as part of the install process.
Was this answer helpful?
Here you can view archived (pre-2013) video tutorials for topics that have not yet been updated:...
You may find this short checklist useful when starting a new model: Go to Edit Menu:...
We're sorry if you are encountering problems when using CityCAD. Please have a look below to see...
Are you evaluating CityCAD? Don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you...
What is CityCAD for? CityCAD is a parametric, conceptual modelling tool for large-scale...