This is the latest version of CityCAD available on 11 February 2014
New features in this version include:
- You can now specify a mix of land uses on floors of buildings and mixed-use perimeter blocks, allowing more precise and flexible modelling.
- You can specify the scope of custom attributes. For example, you could create a custom attribute 'Energy use per m length' and specify that this only applies to routes.
- New default settings for blocks with more detailed buildings.
- A selection of real-world street in the default route library.
This version of CityCAD was released on 8 July 2013. A fully-featured 30-day free trial is included which can be activated even if you have already used a free trial for a previous version.
The most significant upgrade is a new license management system. From a secure login area on our website, you can now:
- view and manage your CityCAD licenses
- purchase, renew or cancel your existing licenses
- request quotes
- view billing information and download invoices for each of your orders
- access an archive of account emails that have been sent to you
- submit and view support tickets, and discuss issues with other users in your organization
This new licensing database is fully integrated with CityCAD, so you can purchase, activate and deactivate your copies automatically. The new system also makes it easy to transfer licenses between PCs in your office as needed.
CityCAD 2.5 includes several new features:
- All CityCAD Help articles are now online to ensure that you are viewing the most up-to-date information, and all articles can be viewed in the City Design Assistant panel.
- A new search feature has been included in the Help system to make it quicker to find the article you are looking for.
- New HD video tutorials have been prepared with audio description, and have been uploaded to our YouTube page.
- Urban Resource (.urbresource) files are new utility files which can make it easier to exchange information and custom land use settings with other members of your team.
- A new 'car park' category for custom land uses makes it easier to create and account for several different types of parking - for example multi-storey, deck and surface parking - in your model.
- New online database resources for sites in the UK have been added to the online database in the City Design Assistant panel. The plan is to expand this to other countries and regions. Please contact us with any suggestions of information resources that would be useful to you.
This version of CityCAD includes a fully featured 30-day free trial.
- New 'Adjacent Blocks' settings for streets give you more flexibility when modelling with perimeter blocks or perimeter objects (e.g. houses). For example, you can set the block depth along a route to zero in order to form L-shaped or U-shaped perimeter blocks, or switch off houses along internal block lanes.
- New custom shading system, where you can specify colours for shading according to attributes such as number of storeys or net parking spaces.
- New 'Add at same position' option for ground plane images allows you to import a second image at exactly the same location as an image already in your model. This can be useful if you have several parameter plans showing different things, but which all need to be placed at the same location in your model.
- New 'Refresh from image file' option allows you to replace an image already on the ground plane with another. This can be useful if you need to update an image such as a concept plan or sketch, but don't want the hassle of re-importing it at the same location.
- Energy and resource use inputs can now be set 'per day', as well as per week, month and year.
- Graphic improvements to subdivision drawing to make it easier to see subdivision lines when drawing.
- Stability improvements to online database, and option to search for new results from within the online database panel.
- New layout option where the properties panel can extend to the full height of the CityCAD window with the city analysis panels still visible, making it easier to edit models on smaller laptop screens.
- Miscellaneous stability and performance enhancements.